topics in Academy Awards
- Analysis: 7 ways to fix the Oscars
- Opinion Brief: Billy Crystal's Oscar hosting: A 'disaster'?
- The List: 2012 Oscars: 10 best and worst moments
- Burning Question: Are Oscar voters too 'old, white, and male'?
- Entertainment: Oscar night: How are the winners picked?
- Petty Controversy: Petty controversy: The Oscars diss singing Muppets
- Fact Sheet: 7 curious facts about the 2012 Oscar nominees
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Opinion Brief: Will a disastrous Oscars ruin James Franco's career?
- The List: Top 5 ways to fix the Oscars
- Instant Guide: The anti-Oscars: 4 big losers
- Fact Sheet: Oscars recap: 5 things people are talking about
- Cartoon View: The King's (winning) Speech
- Burning Question: Did 'Black Swan' make ballet 'hot' again?
- Review of Reviews: 5 best movies of the year
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
Even though her heralded turn as Marilyn Monroe comes in a mediocre film, Michelle Williams is an Oscar favorite, says Richard Rushfield at The Daily Beast
Critics promise that a black-and-white French silent film will either leave you speechless or singing its praises
The Oscar-winning charmer plays against type as a hapless dad in Alexander Payne's new flick
Critics hail the 16-time Oscar nominee for flawlessly channeling former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Is a 17th nomination assured?
Michael Fassbender's award-worthy performance as a sex addict may go unheralded, thanks to the harsh rating his film received
The actor pulls double duty, both starring in and directing the political thriller — which just debuted in Venice to a rapturous reception
Some wonder if the young actor can recover from his epic Oscar-hosting fail
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week