The billionaire investor's latest acquisition is a 144-year-old company whose stock has risen 17 percent in the last year
The world's largest employer is taking pre-emptive action against striking workers, a sign that it sees the disruption as a significant threat
The country's largest brick-and-mortar retailer is trying to beat Amazon at its own game
The country's largest retail chain is ditching Amazon's tablets, the latest sally in an ongoing battle between traditional big box retailers and online upstarts
The ubiquitous coffee chain hopes to expand into your kitchen, offering a new home brewer that can re-create the company's signature lattes and espressos
The discount shopping giant experiments with letting customers use smartphones to speed through the checkout process. Will it work?
Who needs cash? The coffee giant strikes a $25 million deal to use the futuristic payment system in 7,000 of its chains nationwide, which could mean the end of the old way of paying
In a bid to expand its internet business, the retail giant offers an odd online payment option that will still require customers to trek to the store
The company faces a slew of legal and commercial repercussions in the wake of a report alleging that its Mexican unit paid $24 million in bribes to local officials
The New York Times reports that Walmart allegedly paid at least $24 million in bribes to become a dominant retailer in Mexico
Not even the world's largest retailer is safe from Amazon, as more consumers turn to the web to buy everything from diapers to televisions
The firm undertakes a new internal investigation, but critics suspect it's just a whitewash to contain the fallout from a hugely embarrassing New York Times op-ed
In a bid to expand its empire, the java king tries its hand at smoothies
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week