Have the right haircut, numerous piercings, and bleached eyebrows convincingly turned Rooney Mara into the Stieg Larsson heroine, Lisbeth Salander?
Hooray! Kids are devouring books, says Nicole Russell in The American Spectator. Too bad the books they favor are worthless, violent, and execrably written
A pet-owl craze is sweeping India, and wild birds are in decline. Are the boy wizard and his own pet owl, Hedwig, behind the problem?
Yes, say new reports, Stieg Larsson did write another book — apparently set in the Canadian arctic. Will fans will ever get to read it?
The 25-year-old is the surprise choice to play Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood version of "The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo." But what else do we know about her?
Unfiltered, real-time commentary from the world at large
Devotees of Stieg Larsson's hit 'Millennium' novels are making pilgrimages to the many real-life Swedish locations featured in the books
You'd have to pay me to pick up another Twilight novel, says Dana Stevens at Slate. But the new film Eclipse offers real insight into what it's like to be a teenage girl
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week