Have the right haircut, numerous piercings, and bleached eyebrows convincingly turned Rooney Mara into the Stieg Larsson heroine, Lisbeth Salander?
Hooray! Kids are devouring books, says Nicole Russell in The American Spectator. Too bad the books they favor are worthless, violent, and execrably written
A pet-owl craze is sweeping India, and wild birds are in decline. Are the boy wizard and his own pet owl, Hedwig, behind the problem?
Yes, say new reports, Stieg Larsson did write another book — apparently set in the Canadian arctic. Will fans will ever get to read it?
The 25-year-old is the surprise choice to play Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood version of "The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo." But what else do we know about her?
Unfiltered, real-time commentary from the world at large
Devotees of Stieg Larsson's hit 'Millennium' novels are making pilgrimages to the many real-life Swedish locations featured in the books
You'd have to pay me to pick up another Twilight novel, says Dana Stevens at Slate. But the new film Eclipse offers real insight into what it's like to be a teenage girl
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
Subscribe to the Week