Have the right haircut, numerous piercings, and bleached eyebrows convincingly turned Rooney Mara into the Stieg Larsson heroine, Lisbeth Salander?
Hooray! Kids are devouring books, says Nicole Russell in The American Spectator. Too bad the books they favor are worthless, violent, and execrably written
A pet-owl craze is sweeping India, and wild birds are in decline. Are the boy wizard and his own pet owl, Hedwig, behind the problem?
Yes, say new reports, Stieg Larsson did write another book — apparently set in the Canadian arctic. Will fans will ever get to read it?
The 25-year-old is the surprise choice to play Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood version of "The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo." But what else do we know about her?
Unfiltered, real-time commentary from the world at large
Devotees of Stieg Larsson's hit 'Millennium' novels are making pilgrimages to the many real-life Swedish locations featured in the books
You'd have to pay me to pick up another Twilight novel, says Dana Stevens at Slate. But the new film Eclipse offers real insight into what it's like to be a teenage girl
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week