In his first public address since declaring victory Tuesday night, the newly re-elected president urges Congress to end the gridlock
Republicans and Democrats are vowing to make compromises to tackle huge problems. Skeptics cannot help but scoff
A newly empowered Obama is heading into Round Two of budget talks with Speaker John Boehner
Washington and Wall Street are freaking out about a looming one-two punch of tax hikes and spending cuts
The president shouldn't expect a honeymoon after Tuesday's victory. Now that he has won re-election, Obama has to deal with a looming economic crisis
A raft of automatic tax hikes and spending cuts could push the economy into a recession — but the painful package would also help us get our debt under control
A GOP plan would extend Bush-era tax cuts for all, including the rich, while ending some temporary breaks for lower-income families
Senate Democrats say they'll let devastating tax hikes and spending cuts hit at year's end if Republicans hold out against raising taxes on the rich
The president merely proposes extending the status quo for some Americans — and only for 12 months, at that
Republicans and Democrats alike seem blinded by the desire for a "harder, better, faster, stronger" America — so much so that they support useless defense projects
Obama wants tax rates and the debt ceiling to go up. Republicans want spending levels to go down. Get ready for gridlock
Politicians in the House and Senate are speaking at a 10th grade level, down an entire grade level since 2005. But the test used to assess their language may be flawed
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week