The super committee is going down in flames, says Paul Krugman in The New York Times. But eventually, voters will settle this feud
The congressional panel is still stuck over raising taxes as part of a plan to slash $1 trillion in deficits — and the deadline is barely a week away
Obama mocks the House for passing a symbolic resolution instead of a jobs bill — even though the motto debate lasted just 35 minutes
The congressional panel must "think big" to put the nation's finances in order. But time is running out, and compromise is in short supply
Two Democrats helped Senate Republicans block the president's jobs plan from even being debated. What does that say about Washington?
The president's falling poll numbers signal possible trouble in the 2012 election. But will voters be distracted by their fury at Republicans?
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week