The super committee is going down in flames, says Paul Krugman in The New York Times. But eventually, voters will settle this feud
The congressional panel is still stuck over raising taxes as part of a plan to slash $1 trillion in deficits — and the deadline is barely a week away
Obama mocks the House for passing a symbolic resolution instead of a jobs bill — even though the motto debate lasted just 35 minutes
The congressional panel must "think big" to put the nation's finances in order. But time is running out, and compromise is in short supply
Two Democrats helped Senate Republicans block the president's jobs plan from even being debated. What does that say about Washington?
The president's falling poll numbers signal possible trouble in the 2012 election. But will voters be distracted by their fury at Republicans?
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week