The super committee is going down in flames, says Paul Krugman in The New York Times. But eventually, voters will settle this feud
The congressional panel is still stuck over raising taxes as part of a plan to slash $1 trillion in deficits — and the deadline is barely a week away
Obama mocks the House for passing a symbolic resolution instead of a jobs bill — even though the motto debate lasted just 35 minutes
The congressional panel must "think big" to put the nation's finances in order. But time is running out, and compromise is in short supply
Two Democrats helped Senate Republicans block the president's jobs plan from even being debated. What does that say about Washington?
The president's falling poll numbers signal possible trouble in the 2012 election. But will voters be distracted by their fury at Republicans?
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week