The super committee is going down in flames, says Paul Krugman in The New York Times. But eventually, voters will settle this feud
The congressional panel is still stuck over raising taxes as part of a plan to slash $1 trillion in deficits — and the deadline is barely a week away
Obama mocks the House for passing a symbolic resolution instead of a jobs bill — even though the motto debate lasted just 35 minutes
The congressional panel must "think big" to put the nation's finances in order. But time is running out, and compromise is in short supply
Two Democrats helped Senate Republicans block the president's jobs plan from even being debated. What does that say about Washington?
The president's falling poll numbers signal possible trouble in the 2012 election. But will voters be distracted by their fury at Republicans?
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- How to deep fry a turkey
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
Subscribe to the Week