CBS News captured exclusive video of the gun battle that preceded the apparent death of the suspected murderer
CBS has a live feed of the continued manhunt unfolding in California
With the president expected to tackle gun regulation early in his second term, lawmakers are using their plus ones to the annual address to promote their positions
The fugitive California ex-cop and al Qaeda's Anwar al-Awlaki both deserve better, says Matt Pressberg at Neon Tommy. And so do we.
The former LAPD officer and Navy vet is a highly trained killer who's considered armed and extremely dangerous
The former congresswoman launches into her new role as an activist by urging her former colleagues to do all they can to curb gun violence
Alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner's rambling manifesto: The most chilling and bizarre statementsPosted on February 8, 2013, at 10:58 AM
The ex-LAPD officer left behind an 11-page rant warning police that there will be blood
The rogues gallery also includes Sean Connery, Hallmark, and the American Academy of Pediatrics
Chicago teen Hadiya Pendleton is gunned down a week after performing at President Obama's inauguration, instantly becoming part of the debate over gun laws
Some argue it's a moving tribute. Others say it's a strange, empty spectacle
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week