Gabby Giffords calls for stricter gun laws, while her husband breaks the news of yet another mass shooting mid-testimony
A Chicago-area high school believes exposing its students to the sound of gunfire will make them more prepared for a potential shooting
Hadiya Pendleton, all of 15 years old, was gunned down at a park in Chicago
The conservative radio demigod seemed oddly awed by the GOP star's pitch to legalize undocumented immigrants
Outrage erupts on liberal sites, but the video tells a different story
Some Democrats have called on Obama to stay on the sidelines of the debate
The iconic youth organization is seriously contemplating a huge about-face in its policy on gay scouts and troop leaders. Why now?
The bipartisan package won't pass if Rubio backs out. And if Rubio fails on immigration, it could imperil his future political prospects
Only a clear articulation of the law will let gun-rights advocates stop worrying about intrusive regulations
A comprehensive revamp of America's immigration system is a top priority of President Obama and GOP senators, but...
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, her Democratic colleagues, and a group of mayors and police officers want to beat the odds, and the NRA
Across the country, gun-control advocates and opponents are making no secret of their often-passionate opinions
The nation's 44th president is the first to say the word "gay" in an inaugural address — and equated the gay-rights battle to the historic struggles of blacks and women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week