Gabby Giffords calls for stricter gun laws, while her husband breaks the news of yet another mass shooting mid-testimony
A Chicago-area high school believes exposing its students to the sound of gunfire will make them more prepared for a potential shooting
Hadiya Pendleton, all of 15 years old, was gunned down at a park in Chicago
The conservative radio demigod seemed oddly awed by the GOP star's pitch to legalize undocumented immigrants
Outrage erupts on liberal sites, but the video tells a different story
Some Democrats have called on Obama to stay on the sidelines of the debate
The iconic youth organization is seriously contemplating a huge about-face in its policy on gay scouts and troop leaders. Why now?
The bipartisan package won't pass if Rubio backs out. And if Rubio fails on immigration, it could imperil his future political prospects
Only a clear articulation of the law will let gun-rights advocates stop worrying about intrusive regulations
A comprehensive revamp of America's immigration system is a top priority of President Obama and GOP senators, but...
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, her Democratic colleagues, and a group of mayors and police officers want to beat the odds, and the NRA
Across the country, gun-control advocates and opponents are making no secret of their often-passionate opinions
The nation's 44th president is the first to say the word "gay" in an inaugural address — and equated the gay-rights battle to the historic struggles of blacks and women
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week