Last year, 43 provisions in 19 states sought to restrict access to abortion
Claims that the massacre was a hoax have gone viral
Violent video games and movies contribute to violent behavior. It's time the entertainment world stopped pretending otherwise
A new poll from Pew shows that most Americans — and nearly half of Republicans — do not support overturning Roe v. Wade
The gun-rights group slams the president for balking at putting armed guards in schools while his daughters receive personal protection. Over the line?
A former U.S. attorney general joins a group of angry Republicans who really, really don't want the president to beef up gun laws through executive fiat
Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the first major gun-control measure since Newtown, and he hopes other states will follow suit
Potential presidential contenders are moving quickly to establish their gun-control bona fides
The White House will reportedly consider 19 recommendations for unilateral action
Despite the NRA's fierce opposition to gun control, Obama has an opening
From FDR to Obama, liberals tend to achieve their policy goals when they find a way to co-opt big business
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week