After days of silence, the powerful lobbying group says it is heartbroken
Overly broad federal dictates would render local opinion increasingly impotent
For starters, a little humility
The GOP hero fought the NRA, and won. It's time for more Republicans to follow his example
What journalistic rationale could compel a reporter to interview young children at a mass-murder scene?
Nothing good can come from acting in the heat of the moment
"We all heard these booming noises, and we started crying"
These pictures speak louder than words
A massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., has reportedly left dozens of people dead, including many children
A Newtown, Conn., elementary school is devastated by one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history
By using guns as a scapegoat, Bob Costas wrongly absolves the NFL of the need to examine the dangerous effects of its violent game
The longtime sports commentator gets political during NBC's halftime show, riling up handgun fans
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
Subscribe to the Week