After days of silence, the powerful lobbying group says it is heartbroken
Overly broad federal dictates would render local opinion increasingly impotent
For starters, a little humility
The GOP hero fought the NRA, and won. It's time for more Republicans to follow his example
What journalistic rationale could compel a reporter to interview young children at a mass-murder scene?
Nothing good can come from acting in the heat of the moment
"We all heard these booming noises, and we started crying"
These pictures speak louder than words
A massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., has reportedly left dozens of people dead, including many children
A Newtown, Conn., elementary school is devastated by one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history
By using guns as a scapegoat, Bob Costas wrongly absolves the NFL of the need to examine the dangerous effects of its violent game
The longtime sports commentator gets political during NBC's halftime show, riling up handgun fans
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week