The Amazon boss shows his support for a gay former colleague by filling the war chest of liberals in Washington state
The gunman who allegedly killed 12 people at a Colorado movie theater was once bound for great things
An appeals court inspires fury by ruling that women seeking abortions must be warned of an increased risk of suicide — despite shaky evidence of that link
The mayor of Chicago is blocking the chicken chain from opening a store in the city — provoking cries that he's violating the owner's First Amendment rights
When gunfire broke out in the Aurora movie theater, four young men gave their lives to protect their girlfriends
The social news site was a go-to source as the immediate aftermath of the Aurora shootings unfolded, renewing a debate over the role of user-generated journalism
A bounce in gun sales. Lawsuits against Warner Bros. A would-be copycat killer. The aftermath of the massacre has been full of surprising, often disturbing, developments
In the wake of the Aurora theater shootings, it's best to stick to the facts in the debate about gun control: Namely that restricting guns doesn't stop violence
The recently departed astronaut was the first American woman in space — but her obituary reveals that she was its first known gay one as well
An online campaign is urging the Oscar winner to visit injured children in his full Caped Crusader regalia. What a bone-headed idea, say wincing critics
Gun lobbyists say Obama will dismantle the right to bear arms if he's re-elected, failing to note that the past four years have been great for their industry
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week