An Australian Salvation Army major outrages gay-rights supporters — again — by agreeing that the bell-ringing-Santa charity thinks gays deserve to die
People around the world participated in LGBT pride parades in June. Here are some of the most remarkable visual highlights
After the president does an end run around Congress, many of his opponents offer only muted critiques of his election-year power play. Why?
Crime is supposed to spike when times get tough, so why are most crime statistics at low levels not seen since before the days of color TV?
A report claiming that children of gay parents suffer more than children of heterosexual couples is roundly derided as deeply flawed
A powerful GOP donor wants to help socially moderate politicians voice support for gay marriage without suffering a backlash from the far-right base
Scientists come up with a simple (if still pricey) method to screen fetuses for some 3,000 genetic defects, raising a troubling question: Who deserves to be born?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week