An Australian Salvation Army major outrages gay-rights supporters — again — by agreeing that the bell-ringing-Santa charity thinks gays deserve to die
People around the world participated in LGBT pride parades in June. Here are some of the most remarkable visual highlights
After the president does an end run around Congress, many of his opponents offer only muted critiques of his election-year power play. Why?
Crime is supposed to spike when times get tough, so why are most crime statistics at low levels not seen since before the days of color TV?
A report claiming that children of gay parents suffer more than children of heterosexual couples is roundly derided as deeply flawed
A powerful GOP donor wants to help socially moderate politicians voice support for gay marriage without suffering a backlash from the far-right base
Scientists come up with a simple (if still pricey) method to screen fetuses for some 3,000 genetic defects, raising a troubling question: Who deserves to be born?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
Subscribe to the Week