An Australian Salvation Army major outrages gay-rights supporters — again — by agreeing that the bell-ringing-Santa charity thinks gays deserve to die
People around the world participated in LGBT pride parades in June. Here are some of the most remarkable visual highlights
After the president does an end run around Congress, many of his opponents offer only muted critiques of his election-year power play. Why?
Crime is supposed to spike when times get tough, so why are most crime statistics at low levels not seen since before the days of color TV?
A report claiming that children of gay parents suffer more than children of heterosexual couples is roundly derided as deeply flawed
A powerful GOP donor wants to help socially moderate politicians voice support for gay marriage without suffering a backlash from the far-right base
Scientists come up with a simple (if still pricey) method to screen fetuses for some 3,000 genetic defects, raising a troubling question: Who deserves to be born?
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Girls on Film: 5 essential World War II movies directed by women
Subscribe to the Week