Egypt's president gives up newly declared powers to pacify his liberal-secular opponents, but it may not be enough
An escalating conflict is threatening to turn a nasty parliamentary debate into something more akin to a civil war
The western military alliance is moving to the front lines for the first time in Syria's 20-month civil war
The White House's move is a good first step toward bringing Iran to the bargaining table
The country's courts shut down, intensifying their power struggle against President Mohamed Morsi and his Islamist allies
Just as they did in 2011, angry Egyptians are taking to the streets. And the whole scene is looking very familiar
Egypt's secularists, unable to counter the Muslim Brotherhood's impressively powerful political machine, are turning increasingly violent
Palestinians cheer the status upgrade from the United Nations General Assembly. Many American lawmakers are less enthused
Early Thursday morning, the war-torn Mideast nation disappeared from the internet. What happened?
The Palestinian Authority is asking the United Nations General Assembly for a mostly symbolic status upgrade. How much good would that really do?
Mahmoud Abbas plans to request a controversial status upgrade from the United Nations — despite strident objections from Israel and the U.S.
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood president just gave himself potentially dictatorial powers, prompting fears that history might be repeating itself
Mitt Romney spent months accusing Obama of throwing Israel "under the bus." Obama's stance on Gaza might finally put such accusations to rest
The fate of the escalating conflict in the Middle East rests primarily on how effective machinery on both sides turns out to be
The latest round of fighting has underscored the need for a viable solution to halt the region's endless cycle of violence
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 key insights about Obama from Chuck Todd's The Stranger
- How to develop a photographic memory in 4 easy steps
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week