Egypt's president gives up newly declared powers to pacify his liberal-secular opponents, but it may not be enough
An escalating conflict is threatening to turn a nasty parliamentary debate into something more akin to a civil war
The western military alliance is moving to the front lines for the first time in Syria's 20-month civil war
The White House's move is a good first step toward bringing Iran to the bargaining table
The country's courts shut down, intensifying their power struggle against President Mohamed Morsi and his Islamist allies
Just as they did in 2011, angry Egyptians are taking to the streets. And the whole scene is looking very familiar
Egypt's secularists, unable to counter the Muslim Brotherhood's impressively powerful political machine, are turning increasingly violent
Palestinians cheer the status upgrade from the United Nations General Assembly. Many American lawmakers are less enthused
Early Thursday morning, the war-torn Mideast nation disappeared from the internet. What happened?
The Palestinian Authority is asking the United Nations General Assembly for a mostly symbolic status upgrade. How much good would that really do?
Mahmoud Abbas plans to request a controversial status upgrade from the United Nations — despite strident objections from Israel and the U.S.
Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood president just gave himself potentially dictatorial powers, prompting fears that history might be repeating itself
Mitt Romney spent months accusing Obama of throwing Israel "under the bus." Obama's stance on Gaza might finally put such accusations to rest
The fate of the escalating conflict in the Middle East rests primarily on how effective machinery on both sides turns out to be
The latest round of fighting has underscored the need for a viable solution to halt the region's endless cycle of violence
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Britain has basically decriminalized internet piracy. The U.S. should, too.
Subscribe to the Week