An offensive trailer for the film fueled deadly riots in Egypt and Libya. But according to enterprising reporters, the claim that an entire film exists may be a lie
How did a low-budget, amateurish piece of agitprop set off deadly riots against American citizens in the Middle East?
The Israeli premier slams the White House for being weak on Iran, thrusting himself into one of the most controversial foreign policy debates of the 2012 race
After attacks by mobs furious over an amateurish anti-Islam video, the Obama administration is shaken by the first killing of the head of a U.S. embassy in decades
Record numbers of Syrian civilians, many of them children, are racing for the war-torn country's borders
In the wake of several shootings, the U.S. suspends a key program meant to prepare Afghans to take over security duties, creating a new obstacle for America's withdrawal
The former U.N. secretary-general says the former secretary of State was always skeptical of the evidence he used to justify the war in Iraq
Turkey, afraid of being overwhelmed by the exodus from Syria, wants help setting up havens within the war-ravaged country... but it doesn't have many takers
France's president, Francois Hollande, wants Syrian rebels to merge under one banner to present a united front against President Bashar al-Assad's regime
As insurgents step up attacks against Afghan civilians, why isn't anybody mentioning the war on the U.S. presidential campaign trail?
Egypt's Islamist civilian president forces out the armed forces' top brass. Has he won the power struggle that followed the fall of Hosni Mubarak?
Shelling by government forces has forced Syrian rebels to pull back. Is this a turning point in the country's civil war?
Assad's newly appointed premier has reportedly joined the opposition, the latest blow to the strongman's beleaguered government
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What's really limiting advances in computer tech
Subscribe to the Week