American officials say the Syrian president's days are numbered — but don't expect his countrymen to join hands and start singing "Kumbaya" anytime soon
The Assad regime insists it won't use WMD against its own people, reserving them instead to counter "external" threats — but what exactly does that mean?
A defector warns that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad won't hesitate to use his weapons of mass destruction if he gets cornered
The secretary of State faced protests and insulting taunts on the street during her weekend trip to Egypt. Here, 3 theories on the real message behind the jeers
A gruesome video shows militants shooting a young woman accused of adultery. Will the uproar help Afghanistan bolster opposition to the Taliban?
Despite inaugurating its first democratically elected president, the country is still controlled by the military. Will Morsi change that?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- Everything you've heard about millennials is wrong
Subscribe to the Week