American officials say the Syrian president's days are numbered — but don't expect his countrymen to join hands and start singing "Kumbaya" anytime soon
The Assad regime insists it won't use WMD against its own people, reserving them instead to counter "external" threats — but what exactly does that mean?
A defector warns that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad won't hesitate to use his weapons of mass destruction if he gets cornered
The secretary of State faced protests and insulting taunts on the street during her weekend trip to Egypt. Here, 3 theories on the real message behind the jeers
A gruesome video shows militants shooting a young woman accused of adultery. Will the uproar help Afghanistan bolster opposition to the Taliban?
Despite inaugurating its first democratically elected president, the country is still controlled by the military. Will Morsi change that?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week