American officials say the Syrian president's days are numbered — but don't expect his countrymen to join hands and start singing "Kumbaya" anytime soon
The Assad regime insists it won't use WMD against its own people, reserving them instead to counter "external" threats — but what exactly does that mean?
A defector warns that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad won't hesitate to use his weapons of mass destruction if he gets cornered
The secretary of State faced protests and insulting taunts on the street during her weekend trip to Egypt. Here, 3 theories on the real message behind the jeers
A gruesome video shows militants shooting a young woman accused of adultery. Will the uproar help Afghanistan bolster opposition to the Taliban?
Despite inaugurating its first democratically elected president, the country is still controlled by the military. Will Morsi change that?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week