A picture of the congressman in a children's costume has raised questions about his psychological well-being
The Virginia senator won't contest his seat in 2012. How bad is this news for his party?
Astronaut Mark Kelly will command his upcoming space mission as planned, and says his injured wife would be "very comfortable" with his choice. Others question his decision
Rupert Murdoch's iPad-only newspaper stirs controversy by featuring footage of Rep. Giffords, filmed before she was shot, talking about... her iPad
The former White House chief of staff has been banned from running for mayor of Chicago. Commentators and critics weigh in... irreverently
Federal lawyers must decide whether to seek capital punishment for alleged shooter Jared Lee Loughner if he's convicted
In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week