A picture of the congressman in a children's costume has raised questions about his psychological well-being
The Virginia senator won't contest his seat in 2012. How bad is this news for his party?
Astronaut Mark Kelly will command his upcoming space mission as planned, and says his injured wife would be "very comfortable" with his choice. Others question his decision
Rupert Murdoch's iPad-only newspaper stirs controversy by featuring footage of Rep. Giffords, filmed before she was shot, talking about... her iPad
The former White House chief of staff has been banned from running for mayor of Chicago. Commentators and critics weigh in... irreverently
Federal lawyers must decide whether to seek capital punishment for alleged shooter Jared Lee Loughner if he's convicted
In this edition of The Week's Editor's Letter, Francis Wilkinson ponders the folly of typecasting
For many, King's legacy of nonviolence has taken on renewed importance in the wake of the Tuscon rampage. Here, some of the best commentary
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week