Plenty of GOPers second Romney's comments about government-dependent moochers. Republicans who have to face voters are a little more leery
Gallingly, the Republican Party's platform barely addresses the preservation and spread of key freedoms abroad
The former secretary of State was a big hit at the Republican convention. Is she headed for a big new role in the party?
New Jersey's pugnacious governor played a high-profile role at the GOP convention — traditionally, a stepping stone to a presidential nomination
Whether statements of party pride or hometown glory, these elaborate accessories often say what mere words can't
Mama Grizzly won the hearts of conservatives in '08 by cracking jokes about hockey moms and pit bulls. This year's lineup has plenty of potential breakout stars, too
Even before Isaac rained on the parade, the GOP convention was sure to garner only modest interest and make little impact. Why do party leaders even bother?
A Kansas Republican apologizes for taking a naked, late-night swim while traveling in Israel. But conservative defenders say he has nothing to be sorry about
The popular and combative New Jersey governor gets the coveted keynote speaker gig when the party gathers to nominate Mitt Romney. Will he be too blunt?
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week