Plenty of GOPers second Romney's comments about government-dependent moochers. Republicans who have to face voters are a little more leery
Gallingly, the Republican Party's platform barely addresses the preservation and spread of key freedoms abroad
The former secretary of State was a big hit at the Republican convention. Is she headed for a big new role in the party?
New Jersey's pugnacious governor played a high-profile role at the GOP convention — traditionally, a stepping stone to a presidential nomination
Whether statements of party pride or hometown glory, these elaborate accessories often say what mere words can't
Mama Grizzly won the hearts of conservatives in '08 by cracking jokes about hockey moms and pit bulls. This year's lineup has plenty of potential breakout stars, too
Even before Isaac rained on the parade, the GOP convention was sure to garner only modest interest and make little impact. Why do party leaders even bother?
A Kansas Republican apologizes for taking a naked, late-night swim while traveling in Israel. But conservative defenders say he has nothing to be sorry about
The popular and combative New Jersey governor gets the coveted keynote speaker gig when the party gathers to nominate Mitt Romney. Will he be too blunt?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week