House Republicans insist that Congress must cut spending before paying to help victims — and, arguably, conservatives have a point
The man who was arguably the most powerful vice president in U.S. history shakes up Washington with a pugnacious, unapologetic look back
State lawmakers tentatively agree on a budget to get the state government up and running again — but only after the Democratic governor caves
The North Star State's shutdown is starting to hit people where it hurts: Their corner bar. Is anyone thriving in Minnesota?
A recent Harvard study suggests that attending a July 4 parade during childhood increases the likelihood of becoming a card-carrying Republican later in life
A California congressional race has taken a nasty turn with a bigoted attack ad against Democrat Janice Hahn — but she may get the last laugh
The fiscally conservative New Jersey governor faces a PR backlash after taking a police helicopter to his son's baseball game. Is this a political gift to Dems?
The former chair of the Republican National Committee delights fans of his "sassy" style by signing on as an analyst at the left-leaning news network
An "astounding" report details the shady coverup of a scandalous affair — and could mean criminal charges for the disgraced former senator
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The mysterious origins of the Jersey Devil
Subscribe to the Week