House Republicans insist that Congress must cut spending before paying to help victims — and, arguably, conservatives have a point
The man who was arguably the most powerful vice president in U.S. history shakes up Washington with a pugnacious, unapologetic look back
State lawmakers tentatively agree on a budget to get the state government up and running again — but only after the Democratic governor caves
The North Star State's shutdown is starting to hit people where it hurts: Their corner bar. Is anyone thriving in Minnesota?
A recent Harvard study suggests that attending a July 4 parade during childhood increases the likelihood of becoming a card-carrying Republican later in life
A California congressional race has taken a nasty turn with a bigoted attack ad against Democrat Janice Hahn — but she may get the last laugh
The fiscally conservative New Jersey governor faces a PR backlash after taking a police helicopter to his son's baseball game. Is this a political gift to Dems?
The former chair of the Republican National Committee delights fans of his "sassy" style by signing on as an analyst at the left-leaning news network
An "astounding" report details the shady coverup of a scandalous affair — and could mean criminal charges for the disgraced former senator
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week