House Republicans insist that Congress must cut spending before paying to help victims — and, arguably, conservatives have a point
The man who was arguably the most powerful vice president in U.S. history shakes up Washington with a pugnacious, unapologetic look back
State lawmakers tentatively agree on a budget to get the state government up and running again — but only after the Democratic governor caves
The North Star State's shutdown is starting to hit people where it hurts: Their corner bar. Is anyone thriving in Minnesota?
A recent Harvard study suggests that attending a July 4 parade during childhood increases the likelihood of becoming a card-carrying Republican later in life
A California congressional race has taken a nasty turn with a bigoted attack ad against Democrat Janice Hahn — but she may get the last laugh
The fiscally conservative New Jersey governor faces a PR backlash after taking a police helicopter to his son's baseball game. Is this a political gift to Dems?
The former chair of the Republican National Committee delights fans of his "sassy" style by signing on as an analyst at the left-leaning news network
An "astounding" report details the shady coverup of a scandalous affair — and could mean criminal charges for the disgraced former senator
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- The week's best photojournalism
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Saudi Arabia is trying to sabotage America's shale oil boom
Subscribe to the Week