The GOP promises to establish a "gold commission" to examine whether the dollar should be linked to gold — even though the idea has long been discredited
The middle class is shrinking and getting poorer, and Americans' decade-long borrowing spree may be as big of a factor as the actions of government and big business
The central bank says it may take steps to boost the economy "fairly soon," leading antsy investors to conclude that reinforcements are on the way
The U.S. economy added 163,000 jobs last month — far more than expected, but not enough to keep the unemployment rate from rising to 8.3 percent
Economists say the housing market is finally beginning to recover, which could be a huge boon for the economy at large
A watchdog group championed by Obama gets the credit card company to agree to a $210 million settlement, signaling that predatory lending won't be tolerated
Why indulge in happy hours or corporate retreats when you can all get together and starve yourselves with foul-tasting beverages?
The bank ponies up $175 million to settle accusations that it charged blacks and Latinos higher interest rates and fees on their mortgages
A New York Times writer sparks controversy by proposing an 18-month national service requirement that would put every young American to work
The financial giant's loss from a single trade is swelling to gargantuan proportions, casting doubt on CEO Jamie Dimon's claims that his company is safe and sound
Moody's downgrades 15 of the world's largest banks, putting increased pressure on the financial industry as it struggles with severe economic headwinds
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week