The TSA is taking heat for intimate pat-downs and scanning machines that can see through your clothes. Why is the firestorm erupting now?
The federal agency is threatening to levy an $11,000 fine against the man who rejected its body-scanner and pat-down techniques. Who will that hurt more, Tyner or the TSA?
A privacy activist wants to send the government a message by convincing flyers to resist the "naked" security scanners at airports this Thanksgiving. Bad idea?
An Airbus A380 superjumbo jet suffered a massive engine failure over Indonesia this week, raising new concerns about the plane's safety
Some intensely irate fliers — like the Bellevue, WA, woman who claims American Airlines traumatized her — are taking their gripes to court
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week