The TSA is taking heat for intimate pat-downs and scanning machines that can see through your clothes. Why is the firestorm erupting now?
The federal agency is threatening to levy an $11,000 fine against the man who rejected its body-scanner and pat-down techniques. Who will that hurt more, Tyner or the TSA?
A privacy activist wants to send the government a message by convincing flyers to resist the "naked" security scanners at airports this Thanksgiving. Bad idea?
An Airbus A380 superjumbo jet suffered a massive engine failure over Indonesia this week, raising new concerns about the plane's safety
Some intensely irate fliers — like the Bellevue, WA, woman who claims American Airlines traumatized her — are taking their gripes to court
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week