Basketball fans love to hate the three-time MVP, but an NBA finals victory could erase much of that ill will
The star pitcher is acquitted of charges that he lied about using steroids, but that may not be enough to absolve him in the eyes of Cooperstown voters
Olympic officials are reportedly considering new "gender verification" guidelines that would bar women from competing if they are too masculine
The scion of one of America's most famous acrobatic families, the Flying Wallendas, accomplishes a lifelong dream — and makes history
Post-game news conferences have turned into veritable fashion shows, and the hottest accoutrement are oversized, Urkel-esque specs
Formal allegations from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency threaten to strip the Tour de France champ of his seven titles — as well as his reputation
Director Danny Boyle's plans for the massive spectacle include a mock British countryside, a cricket team, 12 horses, three goats, two cows, and Sir Paul McCartney
The former Penn State football defensive coach is in court fighting charges that he sexually abused 10 boys. On the first day, one accuser detailed his story
Bloodied, terrified, and exhausted, I was two days into a 1,100-mile hike, says Cheryl Strayed, and ready to quit
Four climbers were killed over the weekend, raising the towering peak's death toll to 225. And still, 200 more climbers are preparing to challenge Everest this weekend
Surfer Garrett McNamara officially enters the Guinness Book of World Records for narrowly escaping a 78-foot-tall oceanic monstrosity
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week