Tug of war, pistol dueling, and live pigeon shooting — those are just some of the oddest events in Olympic history, a few of which still exist today
Tape delays, spoilers, and questionable programming decisions have prompted a noisy chorus of Twitter users to bestow the network with an ignominious hashtag: #NBCFail
Im Dong Hyun of South Korea can barely read a newspaper, but he can hit a bullseye with a bow and arrow from 70 meters away
Pizza, beer, and ice cream are actually staples for some elite athletes, who gorge themselves on mountains of unhealthy food to meet 6,000-calorie daily quotients
A Czech artist transforms a traditional London double-decker bus into a six-ton, push-up-performing robotic sculpture in honor of the 2012 games
In a controversial move, crews remove the legendary coach's likeness from outside the university's football stadium, more fallout from the Jerry Sandusky sexual abuse case
British Olympic organizers pledged in 2005 to get two million U.K. citizens to exercise more before the games, but the initiative flopped. What went wrong?
"Linsanity" is going to the Houston Rockets, and his ardent fans in the Big Apple are howling in protest
On the heels of a renewed controversy, senators push a bill to force the U.S. Olympic Committee to make sure all ceremonial uniforms are made in the U.S.A
A tantalizing fantasy match-up — Kobe and LeBron competing against Magic and MJ in their primes — has hoops junkies in a lather
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week