Rick Paulas spotlights a few of the 974 ballplayers whose Big League glory lasted just a few hours
After a seven-month investigation, Penn State releases a blistering report detailing how top officials failed to punish Jerry Sandusky for his sexual abuse of young boys
Meet Naomi Kutin. She isn't even in sixth grade yet, but the record-breaking, 99-pound Orthodox Jewish girl from New Jersey can lift twice her weight
Over the years, America's summer Olympians have marched into stadiums wearing everything from cowboy hats to berets — with no shortage of red, white, and blue
South Africa's Oscar Pistorius and his J-shaped prosthetic calves will compete against able-bodied Olympians. Is he an inspiration — or a cheat?
Shockwaves are roaring through the NBA over the news that the two-time MVP is headed to Hollywood to team up with one-time rival Kobe Bryant
Tears, triumphs, agonizing defeats, miraculous wins... and the London Olympics haven't even started yet
College football caves to fans' years of griping and unveils a new four-team playoff system. Many fans are still griping
The Summer Games are still a month away, but the city has already exceeded its budget by 101 percent — and counting
Michael Phelps, Usain Bolt, and millions of spectators will soon be able to dine at London's new 32,000-square-foot McDonald's, the world's largest
Allyson Felix and Jenebah Tarmoh both crossed the finish line in 11.068 seconds — but even high-tech cameras can't pinpoint a winner, and the solution is controversial
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week