After consulting on the new Medal of Honor game, the team of SEALs famous for killing Osama bin Laden finds itself in hot water for divulging military information
The new High Energy Laser Demonstrator brings the prospect of efficiently blasting enemy projectiles out of the sky one step closer to reality
In 1997, a popular Japanese cartoon induced epileptic episodes in hundreds of viewers. And that got the Pentagon thinking...
The military is testing a new flight system capable of going five times the speed of sound, which means it could fly from New York to London in an hour
Pentagon employees are caught surfing for X-rated material at work — and the porn may have contained malware that lets foreign spies phish for top-secret data
Romney says cuts to the defense budget would be devastating, but he should take a cue from the Tea Party and call for a reduction in Pentagon spending
On July 19, 1957, a small group of Air Force officers stood directly under an atomic explosion in a daring attempt to prove the warhead's safety
The U.S. outrages vets by shelling out $5 billion for ill-conceived camouflage that reportedly makes soldiers more visible
These days, conflicts aren't necessarily fought by gun-wielding soldiers, but instead by stealthy computer viruses and complex code-breaking computers
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week