Undergraduates at Utah State University earn top marks in a military-sponsored contest for inventing a superhero-like wall-scaling system
President Obama urges the nation to bring closure to a divisive conflict. Are we ready?
For the first time since 1944, neither major-party presidential candidate has served in the military. But that's not stopping them from pushing for the veteran vote
American soldiers will soon have tiny, camera-equipped sidekicks they can toss over walls to help spot lurking enemies
Many Americans recoil in horror after the government admits trashing the remains of citizens killed by terrorists
Eager recruits excel in boot camp all the time — but most aren't middle-aged mothers like Sgt. Sandra "Grambo" Coast
The armed forces are spending $4 million to find ways to cause enemies to see and hear things that aren't there
Thanks to a sure-footed mechanical pack animal, U.S. troops could soon shed their bulky backpacks as they trek through treacherous terrain
U.S. defense contracting is a mess of lax oversight, poor accountability, thin competition, conflicts of interest, and sometimes, grave misconduct
In 2005, unmanned drones comprised just 5 percent of military aircraft. Today, nearly 1 in 3 planes is flown by a computer
The president wants to downsize and modernize the mighty U.S. military to fit the nation's fiscal and tactical realities — and it's making some experts nervous
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week