Can we afford to adopt the Defense Department's new strategy for slashing spending on weapons and troops? Can we afford not to?
Americans returning from war are far more likely to be jobless — and eventually homeless — than their civilian counterparts
Can a groundbreaking new procedure help the human body rebuild lost limbs much like a lizard regrows its tail?
The remains of fallen soldiers were lost, dumped in a landfill, and in one case, dismembered. A guide to the disturbing revelations
A complex new machine could help soldiers target unseen enemies — even if they're hiding in a concrete building
Soldiers at a base in Afghanistan have taken to having their brows shaved and threaded into precise arches. Commentators have taken to mocking them
Unmanned aircraft used by the Air Force for espionage and combat have been stung by malware. Should we be worried?
At a gay-rights gala, President Obama tears into his Republican challengers for failing to defend a gay soldier when a GOP debate audience booed him
When an openly gay U.S. service member in Iraq asks Rick Santorum a question via YouTube, some Florida debate watchers respond rather disrespectfully
The ban on gays serving openly in the military is officially history. What changes are in store for the armed forces?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week