A federal judge says the military's ban on gay service members violates the First Amendment. What now?
Some members of the media say the reporter who brought down Gen. McChrystal recklessly broke an "unspoken" agreement to protect the military
Take our reader poll: Do you think Gen. McChrystal intentionally gave Rolling Stone inflammatory quotes to effectively "shoot himself in the foot" and end his career?
The disrespectful criticism from Obama's commander in Afghanistan reportedly isn't the first thing to test the president's temper. Here, five other boiling points
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week