The feds want to prevent risky loans like the ones that helped inflate the housing bubble. But some would-be home buyers could be left out in the cold
After plenty of false dawns, many experts say the recovery is for real this time
There have been few winners in the housing crisis, but Florida's Lynn Szymoniak is one of them
South Florida teen Willow Tufano rents out the house she owns — and she's saving to buy another one
The government and big banks strike a deal over alleged foreclosure abuses. Where will the money go?
A tween do-gooder turns the focus of his charitable "Dream Catcher Network" to a cause that's awfully close to home
To sidestep the painful and expensive foreclosure process, lenders begin offering delinquent borrowers cash to sell their homes for less than they owe
With eager foreign buyers pushing average home prices well into the millions, Aspen, Colo., has become America's most expensive town
According to a recent survey, 87 percent of us feel that achieving an ideal life no longer hinges on owning a home
Seattle! Minneapolis! Atlanta! The New York Times' David Streitfeld says that cities once thought to be spared from the housing collapse are now in trouble
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week