The feds want to prevent risky loans like the ones that helped inflate the housing bubble. But some would-be home buyers could be left out in the cold
After plenty of false dawns, many experts say the recovery is for real this time
There have been few winners in the housing crisis, but Florida's Lynn Szymoniak is one of them
South Florida teen Willow Tufano rents out the house she owns — and she's saving to buy another one
The government and big banks strike a deal over alleged foreclosure abuses. Where will the money go?
A tween do-gooder turns the focus of his charitable "Dream Catcher Network" to a cause that's awfully close to home
To sidestep the painful and expensive foreclosure process, lenders begin offering delinquent borrowers cash to sell their homes for less than they owe
With eager foreign buyers pushing average home prices well into the millions, Aspen, Colo., has become America's most expensive town
According to a recent survey, 87 percent of us feel that achieving an ideal life no longer hinges on owning a home
Seattle! Minneapolis! Atlanta! The New York Times' David Streitfeld says that cities once thought to be spared from the housing collapse are now in trouble
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week