Banks seized more than 1 million homes last year, and industry experts say 2011 could be even worse
Bank of America has frozen foreclosures, sparking calls for a nationwide ban on repossessions. Is that move likely, and how would it affect the average homeowner?
Jason Grodensky says the Bank of America repossessed his Fort Lauderdale house — even though he'd never even taken out a mortgage. His story isn't the first of its kind
In a country where individual freedom is sacred, say Don Watkins and Yaron Brooks at Forbes, Washington has no business pushing them to buy homes
We'll never again see the sort of guaranteed high returns on real estate that defined the last 50 years, say experts. Time to retire the phrase "safe as houses"?
The Obama team is rumored to be working up an $800 billion mortgage-reduction scheme through Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week