topics in Outer Space
- Instant Guide: Why the U.S. wanted to nuke the moon during the Cold War
- Burning Question: Will Obama's NASA take American astronauts back to the moon?
- Fact Sheet: Are astronauts stuck in space allowed to vote?
- Instant Guide: Will the Curiosity rover ever come back to Earth?
- Best Video: NASA's Iron Man space suit
- Analysis: What the SpaceX launch means for private space flight
- Cartoon View: Second best
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Instant Guide: Discovered: A massive super-planet 13 times larger than Jupiter
- Best Video: Caught on film: Two monstrous eruptions on the sun's surface
- Slideshow: 7 stunning images from Australia's rare total solar eclipse
- Analysis: Meet the starless planet that floats alone
- Fact Sheet: Saturn's swirling megastorm that's bigger than multiple Earths
- Burning Question: Was the moon once part of Earth?
- Instant Guide: The newly discovered Star Wars-like planet with four suns
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
Why send astronauts to a far-off asteroid when we can just bring one back?
The famed quote wasn't quite so spontaneous after all, at least according to the late astronaut's brother
Hint: We probably wouldn't nuke it
The space agency reveals a prototype for its first new suit in 20 years. And it looks awfully familiar...
Behold: "Black Marble"
The hot little planet's north pole is covered in enough ice to bury Washington, D.C., under two and a half miles of frozen water
In the 1950s, with a young Carl Sagan lending a hand, America considered a novel way to outshine the Soviets
Say hello to Kappa Adromedae b, a world so big it defies conventional classification
NASA releases startling footage of a dual set of solar prominences
The natural wonder will hit any given spot on the planet just once every 375 years. On Wednesday, that lucky patch was in northern Australia
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week