topics in Outer Space
- Instant Guide: Why the U.S. wanted to nuke the moon during the Cold War
- Burning Question: Will Obama's NASA take American astronauts back to the moon?
- Fact Sheet: Are astronauts stuck in space allowed to vote?
- Instant Guide: Will the Curiosity rover ever come back to Earth?
- Best Video: NASA's Iron Man space suit
- Analysis: What the SpaceX launch means for private space flight
- Cartoon View: Second best
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Instant Guide: Discovered: A massive super-planet 13 times larger than Jupiter
- Best Video: Caught on film: Two monstrous eruptions on the sun's surface
- Slideshow: 7 stunning images from Australia's rare total solar eclipse
- Analysis: Meet the starless planet that floats alone
- Fact Sheet: Saturn's swirling megastorm that's bigger than multiple Earths
- Burning Question: Was the moon once part of Earth?
- Instant Guide: The newly discovered Star Wars-like planet with four suns
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
A California father scores a viral video hit after sending his son's toy into space. A look at his clip and those of others who've sent playthings way, way up
Three hardworking orbiters take their final victory rounds enroute to California, New York, and Washington D.C.
A fuzzy red splotch hidden behind nearby star clusters might just be the most distant galaxy ever glimpsed by human eyes
Scientists confirm with 99.996 percent certainty the existence of a little-understood substance that is "one of the great scientific mysteries of our time"
A massive collision rocked the gas giant's surface this week, adding to the growing body of evidence that Jupiter works as a giant space shield
"That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind," Armstrong said as he set foot on the moon and inspired generations of people around the world
New footage allows earthlings to visualize the "seven minutes of terror" the Mars rover endured as it made its descent onto Martian soil
Wheels are down! NASA's multi-billion dollar space lab will finally begin its mission to determine if life on Mars ever existed. Here's what its successful touch-down means
Some of our galaxy's biggest, brightest stars are members of binary systems — and they're sucking the life right out of their partner stars
As the first U.S. woman sent into space, Ride became an almost literal symbol of women's ability to break the glass ceiling
Scientists reveal that underneath thick layers of cloud cover, the moon's icy surface has complex river networks and a remarkably smooth landscape
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
- How to take the perfect profile picture for online dating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week