A California father scores a viral video hit after sending his son's toy into space. A look at his clip and those of others who've sent playthings way, way up
Three hardworking orbiters take their final victory rounds enroute to California, New York, and Washington D.C.
A fuzzy red splotch hidden behind nearby star clusters might just be the most distant galaxy ever glimpsed by human eyes
Scientists confirm with 99.996 percent certainty the existence of a little-understood substance that is "one of the great scientific mysteries of our time"
A massive collision rocked the gas giant's surface this week, adding to the growing body of evidence that Jupiter works as a giant space shield
"That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind," Armstrong said as he set foot on the moon and inspired generations of people around the world
New footage allows earthlings to visualize the "seven minutes of terror" the Mars rover endured as it made its descent onto Martian soil
Wheels are down! NASA's multi-billion dollar space lab will finally begin its mission to determine if life on Mars ever existed. Here's what its successful touch-down means
Some of our galaxy's biggest, brightest stars are members of binary systems — and they're sucking the life right out of their partner stars
As the first U.S. woman sent into space, Ride became an almost literal symbol of women's ability to break the glass ceiling
Scientists reveal that underneath thick layers of cloud cover, the moon's icy surface has complex river networks and a remarkably smooth landscape
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
Subscribe to the Week