The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover has mere moments to go from 13,000 miles per hour to zero — and one small error could ruin everything
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
A Dutch group outlines an ambitious multipart strategy to have humans living on the Red Planet in about a decade — if everything pans out
The first privately owned spacecraft is making its inaugural delivery trip to the International Space Station, ushering in a new era of space travel
One adventurous engineer makes a compelling case to boldly build what no man has built before. Could the crazy thing actually work?
Groundbreaking research suggests the universe's most mysterious substance is hitting the human body at a much higher rate than previously thought
Space travel inspires us to dream about tomorrow, says Neil deGrasse Tyson. So why did we give up?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
Subscribe to the Week