The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover has mere moments to go from 13,000 miles per hour to zero — and one small error could ruin everything
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
A Dutch group outlines an ambitious multipart strategy to have humans living on the Red Planet in about a decade — if everything pans out
The first privately owned spacecraft is making its inaugural delivery trip to the International Space Station, ushering in a new era of space travel
One adventurous engineer makes a compelling case to boldly build what no man has built before. Could the crazy thing actually work?
Groundbreaking research suggests the universe's most mysterious substance is hitting the human body at a much higher rate than previously thought
Space travel inspires us to dream about tomorrow, says Neil deGrasse Tyson. So why did we give up?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week