The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover has mere moments to go from 13,000 miles per hour to zero — and one small error could ruin everything
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
A Dutch group outlines an ambitious multipart strategy to have humans living on the Red Planet in about a decade — if everything pans out
The first privately owned spacecraft is making its inaugural delivery trip to the International Space Station, ushering in a new era of space travel
One adventurous engineer makes a compelling case to boldly build what no man has built before. Could the crazy thing actually work?
Groundbreaking research suggests the universe's most mysterious substance is hitting the human body at a much higher rate than previously thought
Space travel inspires us to dream about tomorrow, says Neil deGrasse Tyson. So why did we give up?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week