The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover has mere moments to go from 13,000 miles per hour to zero — and one small error could ruin everything
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
A Dutch group outlines an ambitious multipart strategy to have humans living on the Red Planet in about a decade — if everything pans out
The first privately owned spacecraft is making its inaugural delivery trip to the International Space Station, ushering in a new era of space travel
One adventurous engineer makes a compelling case to boldly build what no man has built before. Could the crazy thing actually work?
Groundbreaking research suggests the universe's most mysterious substance is hitting the human body at a much higher rate than previously thought
Space travel inspires us to dream about tomorrow, says Neil deGrasse Tyson. So why did we give up?
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week