The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover has mere moments to go from 13,000 miles per hour to zero — and one small error could ruin everything
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
A Dutch group outlines an ambitious multipart strategy to have humans living on the Red Planet in about a decade — if everything pans out
The first privately owned spacecraft is making its inaugural delivery trip to the International Space Station, ushering in a new era of space travel
One adventurous engineer makes a compelling case to boldly build what no man has built before. Could the crazy thing actually work?
Groundbreaking research suggests the universe's most mysterious substance is hitting the human body at a much higher rate than previously thought
Space travel inspires us to dream about tomorrow, says Neil deGrasse Tyson. So why did we give up?
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week