topics in Outer Space
- Instant Guide: Why the U.S. wanted to nuke the moon during the Cold War
- Burning Question: Will Obama's NASA take American astronauts back to the moon?
- Fact Sheet: Are astronauts stuck in space allowed to vote?
- Instant Guide: Will the Curiosity rover ever come back to Earth?
- Best Video: NASA's Iron Man space suit
- Analysis: What the SpaceX launch means for private space flight
- Cartoon View: Second best
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Instant Guide: Discovered: A massive super-planet 13 times larger than Jupiter
- Best Video: Caught on film: Two monstrous eruptions on the sun's surface
- Slideshow: 7 stunning images from Australia's rare total solar eclipse
- Analysis: Meet the starless planet that floats alone
- Fact Sheet: Saturn's swirling megastorm that's bigger than multiple Earths
- Burning Question: Was the moon once part of Earth?
- Instant Guide: The newly discovered Star Wars-like planet with four suns
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
The $2.5 billion Curiosity rover has mere moments to go from 13,000 miles per hour to zero — and one small error could ruin everything
The mysterious dwarf continues to surprise scientists, as a newly discovered moon resurrects a debate over the former planet's status
A Dutch group outlines an ambitious multipart strategy to have humans living on the Red Planet in about a decade — if everything pans out
The first privately owned spacecraft is making its inaugural delivery trip to the International Space Station, ushering in a new era of space travel
One adventurous engineer makes a compelling case to boldly build what no man has built before. Could the crazy thing actually work?
Groundbreaking research suggests the universe's most mysterious substance is hitting the human body at a much higher rate than previously thought
Space travel inspires us to dream about tomorrow, says Neil deGrasse Tyson. So why did we give up?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Did God have a wife?
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
Subscribe to the Week