James Cameron, Google's top brass, and Ross Perot's son are betting big that there's platinum in the heavens. Are they delusional or brilliant?
NASA's oldest surviving shuttle, mounted on top of a Boeing 747, cruises at low altitude over cheering onlookers in the capital as it makes its last journey
An international team of astronomers imagines an enormous system of space telescopes stretching for thousands of kilometers above the Earth
Solar Dynamics Laboratory videotapes a twister — large enough to destroy our planet — stretching out from the sun's surface
A Florida man releases never-before-seen footage of the tragic accident, which killed all seven astronauts onboard
Cyber attacks and other breaches cost NASA millions of dollars a year. Why is the space agency such a popular target?
Scientists warn that a space rock longer than a football field could smash into our planet
Astronomers discover a bizarre new planet that may be home to exotic substances like "hot ice" and "superfluid water"
After grounding its shuttle program, the U.S. space agency flirts with building a distant space station to serve as a jumping-off point for future missions to Mars
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week