topics in Outer Space
- Instant Guide: Why the U.S. wanted to nuke the moon during the Cold War
- Burning Question: Will Obama's NASA take American astronauts back to the moon?
- Fact Sheet: Are astronauts stuck in space allowed to vote?
- Instant Guide: Will the Curiosity rover ever come back to Earth?
- Best Video: NASA's Iron Man space suit
- Analysis: What the SpaceX launch means for private space flight
- Cartoon View: Second best
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Instant Guide: Discovered: A massive super-planet 13 times larger than Jupiter
- Best Video: Caught on film: Two monstrous eruptions on the sun's surface
- Slideshow: 7 stunning images from Australia's rare total solar eclipse
- Analysis: Meet the starless planet that floats alone
- Fact Sheet: Saturn's swirling megastorm that's bigger than multiple Earths
- Burning Question: Was the moon once part of Earth?
- Instant Guide: The newly discovered Star Wars-like planet with four suns
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
James Cameron, Google's top brass, and Ross Perot's son are betting big that there's platinum in the heavens. Are they delusional or brilliant?
NASA's oldest surviving shuttle, mounted on top of a Boeing 747, cruises at low altitude over cheering onlookers in the capital as it makes its last journey
An international team of astronomers imagines an enormous system of space telescopes stretching for thousands of kilometers above the Earth
Solar Dynamics Laboratory videotapes a twister — large enough to destroy our planet — stretching out from the sun's surface
A Florida man releases never-before-seen footage of the tragic accident, which killed all seven astronauts onboard
Cyber attacks and other breaches cost NASA millions of dollars a year. Why is the space agency such a popular target?
Scientists warn that a space rock longer than a football field could smash into our planet
Astronomers discover a bizarre new planet that may be home to exotic substances like "hot ice" and "superfluid water"
After grounding its shuttle program, the U.S. space agency flirts with building a distant space station to serve as a jumping-off point for future missions to Mars
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
Subscribe to the Week