James Cameron, Google's top brass, and Ross Perot's son are betting big that there's platinum in the heavens. Are they delusional or brilliant?
NASA's oldest surviving shuttle, mounted on top of a Boeing 747, cruises at low altitude over cheering onlookers in the capital as it makes its last journey
An international team of astronomers imagines an enormous system of space telescopes stretching for thousands of kilometers above the Earth
Solar Dynamics Laboratory videotapes a twister — large enough to destroy our planet — stretching out from the sun's surface
A Florida man releases never-before-seen footage of the tragic accident, which killed all seven astronauts onboard
Cyber attacks and other breaches cost NASA millions of dollars a year. Why is the space agency such a popular target?
Scientists warn that a space rock longer than a football field could smash into our planet
Astronomers discover a bizarre new planet that may be home to exotic substances like "hot ice" and "superfluid water"
After grounding its shuttle program, the U.S. space agency flirts with building a distant space station to serve as a jumping-off point for future missions to Mars
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week