When the sun spits out solar flares, they can disrupt electronics, interrupt air travel — and dazzle stargazers with "astounding" Northern Lights
Scientists want to build an enormous "virtual telescope" capable of taking a picture of a massive black hole 26,000 light years away
The Hunt for Exomoons with Kepler program will extend the space telescope's planet-hunting capabilities and begin the search for a hospitable Pandora
NASA's Kepler telescope makes a startling, exciting find: An alien world eerily similar to our own, right down to the pleasant summer temperature
NASA's massive new mobile space lab is set to touch down on the Red Planet next August — in a mission to find evidence of alien life
Do you have the right stuff? There's only one way to find out...
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week