topics in Outer Space
- Instant Guide: Why the U.S. wanted to nuke the moon during the Cold War
- Burning Question: Will Obama's NASA take American astronauts back to the moon?
- Fact Sheet: Are astronauts stuck in space allowed to vote?
- Instant Guide: Will the Curiosity rover ever come back to Earth?
- Best Video: NASA's Iron Man space suit
- Analysis: What the SpaceX launch means for private space flight
- Cartoon View: Second best
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Instant Guide: Discovered: A massive super-planet 13 times larger than Jupiter
- Best Video: Caught on film: Two monstrous eruptions on the sun's surface
- Slideshow: 7 stunning images from Australia's rare total solar eclipse
- Analysis: Meet the starless planet that floats alone
- Fact Sheet: Saturn's swirling megastorm that's bigger than multiple Earths
- Burning Question: Was the moon once part of Earth?
- Instant Guide: The newly discovered Star Wars-like planet with four suns
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
When the sun spits out solar flares, they can disrupt electronics, interrupt air travel — and dazzle stargazers with "astounding" Northern Lights
Scientists want to build an enormous "virtual telescope" capable of taking a picture of a massive black hole 26,000 light years away
The Hunt for Exomoons with Kepler program will extend the space telescope's planet-hunting capabilities and begin the search for a hospitable Pandora
NASA's Kepler telescope makes a startling, exciting find: An alien world eerily similar to our own, right down to the pleasant summer temperature
NASA's massive new mobile space lab is set to touch down on the Red Planet next August — in a mission to find evidence of alien life
Do you have the right stuff? There's only one way to find out...
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week