When the sun spits out solar flares, they can disrupt electronics, interrupt air travel — and dazzle stargazers with "astounding" Northern Lights
Scientists want to build an enormous "virtual telescope" capable of taking a picture of a massive black hole 26,000 light years away
The Hunt for Exomoons with Kepler program will extend the space telescope's planet-hunting capabilities and begin the search for a hospitable Pandora
NASA's Kepler telescope makes a startling, exciting find: An alien world eerily similar to our own, right down to the pleasant summer temperature
NASA's massive new mobile space lab is set to touch down on the Red Planet next August — in a mission to find evidence of alien life
Do you have the right stuff? There's only one way to find out...
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week