A new report puts the blame for a rash of cyber-attacks on critical U.S. infrastructure at the feet of a shadowy unit of China's army
Pyongyang infuriated the U.S. and United Nations, and humiliated its only friend and supporter, China
The state-run media outlet has yet to update its site, offering a glimpse of the world before the Hermit Kingdom shifted the geopolitical calculus
World leaders roundly condemn Pyongyang after the Hermit Kingdom conducts its third nuclear test
The Kim dynasty just posted a low-budget video showing what it wants people to believe its nukes can do — to the dulcet strains of "We Are the World"
Pyongyang unleashes fresh threats against Washington and South Korea over toughening U.N. sanctions. Should we be worried?
Mother Jones takes a look at a globetrotting young investor who's the only American — and the only human being — Pyongyang follows
A new rule that requires internet users to give their real names to service providers, has many concerned about an even tighter crackdown on free speech
The North Korean dictator wins the satirical paper's dubious distinction... but not everyone was in on the joke
Beijing is initiating a once-in-a-decade transfer of power to a new generation of top officials. But will anything really change?
The Hermit Kingdom is reportedly taking tentative steps to at least ease the central government's stranglehold over the economy
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week