The pontiff says it's wrong to blame Jews for Jesus' death. Will this help mend relations with the Jewish community?
Robert Bentley, the state's freshly ordained governor, says that only Christian Alabamians qualify as his "brother" or "sister." An expression of faith or a sign of intolerance?
Conservatives are outraged over the imagery in an exhibit at the National Gallery — oh-so-predictably, say some bloggers
The New York Times shines a spotlight on the anti-Islamic blogger who helped fuel the "Ground Zero mosque" flap. What did we learn?
A new Pew survey shows that atheists, Jews, and Mormons know more about religion than Catholics and Protestants. Should Christians be worried?
For too long, members of the black clergy have denounced homosexuality, says Eugene Robinson in The Washington Post. It's time to rethink that position
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week