The day after Christmas is second only to Black Friday as the year's busiest shopping day — thanks, in part, to a tendency for people to buy themselves delayed presents
Even in these tough economic times, Americans aren't skimping on Christmas
Parents surprise their kids with early gifts of rotten bananas, half-eaten sandwiches, and staplers. The children's reactions are not festive
British sailors, cheeky dancers, and a shameless, sartorial-challenged teenager give Mariah Carey's inescapable holiday tune new life
A new internet service lets frugal moms and dads borrow children's toys on a monthly basis instead of buying them. Brilliant or Scrooge-like?
Times are hard, and old St. Nick is having to learn what to say when kids ask for a pricey gadget — or a job for mom
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week