topics in Holidays
- Cartoon View: A pricey holiday hangover
- The List: Why December 26 is a 'monster' shopping day: 4 theories
- The List: The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- By the numbers: America's 'booming' Christmas tree business: By the numbers
- Instant Guide: The holiday season's 8 most anticipated films
- Slideshow: 7 silly Santa photos: A slideshow
- The List: 11 Christmas gifts for those who have everything
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Opinion Brief: Telling your kids that Santa doesn't exist
- Instant Guide: Why Christmas trees lose their needles
- The List: 6 holiday-themed drug busts
- Cartoon View: On eggshells at Christmas
- Flashback: The 8 hot toys of Christmases past
- Best Column: The case against using Santa as a scare tactic
- Best Video: Soldiers' surprise Christmas homecomings: Top 5 videos
- SEE ALL ARTICLES
- Instant Guide: Why can't we log off for the holidays?
- Opinion Brief: Thanksgiving travel delays: Overblown?
- By the numbers: Cyber Monday vs. Black Friday: By the numbers
- Cartoon View: Recession leftovers
- The List: 5 gut-busting Thanksgiving meals
- Best Column: The hidden cost of cheap turkeys
- Analysis: The rising cost of Thanksgiving: By the numbers
The day after Christmas is second only to Black Friday as the year's busiest shopping day — thanks, in part, to a tendency for people to buy themselves delayed presents
Even in these tough economic times, Americans aren't skimping on Christmas
Parents surprise their kids with early gifts of rotten bananas, half-eaten sandwiches, and staplers. The children's reactions are not festive
British sailors, cheeky dancers, and a shameless, sartorial-challenged teenager give Mariah Carey's inescapable holiday tune new life
A new internet service lets frugal moms and dads borrow children's toys on a monthly basis instead of buying them. Brilliant or Scrooge-like?
Times are hard, and old St. Nick is having to learn what to say when kids ask for a pricey gadget — or a job for mom
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The last racial taboo
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
Subscribe to the Week