opinion briefs on this topic
Members of the press are really angry that they didn't even get a photo of the outing. Is there any there there?
The First Pooch gets a moment in the spotlight in this adorable video from the White House
A Spanish magazine's provocative cut-and-paste job enrages much of the internet — even as the artist insists that her intentions were innocent
Excerpts from an upcoming biography of the president make some interesting allegations about his innovative toking techniques, shady drug dealer, and more
Vanity Fair publishes excerpts from a new book on the president, delving into an intense love affair that Obama had when he was a a young man in New York
Watch the normally restrained first lady hula hoop with Jimmy Fallon, do pushups with Ellen DeGeneres, and more...
In a CBS News interview, the first lady denounces the bruising portrayal of her in Jodi Kantor's new book
The First Couple disagree over whether their daughters should "keep up with" the vapid reality TV beauties — prompting a parenting debate
The hardline conservative blogosphere insists the first lady badmouthed the flag — even though no one heard what she said
JFK had Marilyn and a huge cake, George W. had fried chicken, and Bush senior jumped out of a plane
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Would you cuddle a stranger for $80 an hour?
- Did God have a wife?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week