After the fiscal-cliff fiasco, Republicans have almost nothing to lose
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
Foreign observers were horrified by Washington's bungling of a debt-ceiling hike, and Uncle Sam's reputation may never recover
When a congressional "super committee" hammers out the debt deal's spending cuts, the Pentagon's budget could be the crux of the drama
After weeks of being pummeled and embarrassed by Tea Partiers, the House speaker claims victory for the GOP — and himself
Aaron Sorkin's acclaimed NBC drama breaks down the concept that's been confounding Congress — in an episode that aired in 2005
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week