After the fiscal-cliff fiasco, Republicans have almost nothing to lose
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
Foreign observers were horrified by Washington's bungling of a debt-ceiling hike, and Uncle Sam's reputation may never recover
When a congressional "super committee" hammers out the debt deal's spending cuts, the Pentagon's budget could be the crux of the drama
After weeks of being pummeled and embarrassed by Tea Partiers, the House speaker claims victory for the GOP — and himself
Aaron Sorkin's acclaimed NBC drama breaks down the concept that's been confounding Congress — in an episode that aired in 2005
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The safest seats are at the back of the plane — and 5 other surprising facts about airline crashes
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week