After the fiscal-cliff fiasco, Republicans have almost nothing to lose
Mitch McConnell and Co. empower several lawmakers to find $1.5 trillion in deficit reductions. Are they destined for a Grand Bargain — or failure?
Foreign observers were horrified by Washington's bungling of a debt-ceiling hike, and Uncle Sam's reputation may never recover
When a congressional "super committee" hammers out the debt deal's spending cuts, the Pentagon's budget could be the crux of the drama
After weeks of being pummeled and embarrassed by Tea Partiers, the House speaker claims victory for the GOP — and himself
Aaron Sorkin's acclaimed NBC drama breaks down the concept that's been confounding Congress — in an episode that aired in 2005
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week