Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and the Republican Study Committee unveil a budget that would eradicate the deficit by 2020. Will it get a better reception than Rep. Ryan's controversial plan?
So says the conservative Heritage Foundation and Rep. Paul Ryan. But their projections have been picked apart by commentators. Who's right?
Lawmakers are still locked in talks over federal spending for the next six months, but the GOP is ready to unveil a 2012 budget proposal that slashes Medicare and Medicaid
The West Virginia senator declares that he will break with his party and vote against raising the debt ceiling. Will that trigger a rebellion?
Moody's and S&P have warned that the U.S. is in danger of losing its AAA credit rating. How could that happen, and what would it mean?
The leaders of the presidential debt-reduction panel propose slashing everything from military spending to Social Security benefits
The GOP congressman says his "Roadmap" of steep spending and tax cuts could halve the budget deficit. Critics say the plan is "flimflam"
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week