Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and the Republican Study Committee unveil a budget that would eradicate the deficit by 2020. Will it get a better reception than Rep. Ryan's controversial plan?
So says the conservative Heritage Foundation and Rep. Paul Ryan. But their projections have been picked apart by commentators. Who's right?
Lawmakers are still locked in talks over federal spending for the next six months, but the GOP is ready to unveil a 2012 budget proposal that slashes Medicare and Medicaid
The West Virginia senator declares that he will break with his party and vote against raising the debt ceiling. Will that trigger a rebellion?
Moody's and S&P have warned that the U.S. is in danger of losing its AAA credit rating. How could that happen, and what would it mean?
The leaders of the presidential debt-reduction panel propose slashing everything from military spending to Social Security benefits
The GOP congressman says his "Roadmap" of steep spending and tax cuts could halve the budget deficit. Critics say the plan is "flimflam"
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real story behind The Conjuring and four other horror movies 'based on a true story'
Subscribe to the Week