Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and the Republican Study Committee unveil a budget that would eradicate the deficit by 2020. Will it get a better reception than Rep. Ryan's controversial plan?
So says the conservative Heritage Foundation and Rep. Paul Ryan. But their projections have been picked apart by commentators. Who's right?
Lawmakers are still locked in talks over federal spending for the next six months, but the GOP is ready to unveil a 2012 budget proposal that slashes Medicare and Medicaid
The West Virginia senator declares that he will break with his party and vote against raising the debt ceiling. Will that trigger a rebellion?
Moody's and S&P have warned that the U.S. is in danger of losing its AAA credit rating. How could that happen, and what would it mean?
The leaders of the presidential debt-reduction panel propose slashing everything from military spending to Social Security benefits
The GOP congressman says his "Roadmap" of steep spending and tax cuts could halve the budget deficit. Critics say the plan is "flimflam"
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week