opinion briefs on this topic
The president's winning coalition of 2008 remains intact — and demographic trends suggest that it will only get larger
The raucous pep rally for President Obama and his party has come to an end. Who came out on top and who sank in the Charlotte mud?
The Big Dog delivers a full-throated endorsement of President Obama — and also manages to not-so-subtly promote the Clinton brand
Barack Obama leapt from obscurity to the presidency in a few short years, and ever since, the media has been trying to crown America's next political prince
The San Antonio mayor steps out of obscurity to deliver a rousing speech, earning gushing comparisons to the '04 version of a certain soon-to-be president
Thanks to Julian Castro and Michelle Obama, Democrats got President Obama's nominating convention off to an unexpectedly rousing start on Tuesday
The former president is the marquee speaker at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday night — and nobody knows what he's going to say
From a birth certificate coffee mug to a homemade Obama calendar, Democrats prove they can out-kitsch Republicans in convention swag
While Republicans and Democrats call each other's policies extreme, pundits debate which party is really losing touch with the mainstream
The Republican had their turn. What do Obama and the Democrats have to do to match or exceed the GOP's big party?
The Illinois congressman has been MIA for five weeks. His office says he's being treated for a "mood disorder," but the vague explanation is only fueling more questions
The president clashes with allies by pushing to end Bush-era tax cuts for Americans earning over $250,000. Why can't Democrats agree on this election-year issue?
Back when President Obama won North Carolina in 2008, holding his re-election convention in Charlotte may have seemed like a good idea....
Progressives and young Dems go gaga over the Secretary of State as she cheekily declines actor Jason Segel's offer to co-star in his next film, boozes in Cartagena, and more
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
Subscribe to the Week