opinion briefs on this topic
The Nebraska senator won't seek a third term, raising questions about the Left's chances of holding onto its slim Senate majority
Rather unbelievably, liberal writers are bashing a former AIPAC spokesman for keeping a tally of their obnoxious anti-Israel comments
The liberal congressman becomes the 17th Democratic incumbent to pass on a 2012 re-election bid — compared to just seven Republicans
Washington prepares to say good-bye to an openly gay congressman both beloved and loathed for his bitingly honest wit
After a special election loss in New York City, many on the Left are boneheadedly fleeing Obama — just when they should be rallying to his side
Republican Bob Turner pulls off a shocking upset in a longtime Democratic stronghold in New York City. Does this spell trouble for President Obama?
Democrat David Weprin is expected to lose Anthony Weiner's old congressional seat Tuesday, in what would be a massive upset. What does it all mean?
A Republican political newbie is poised to pull off a major upset in a New York congressional district that's been in Democratic hands since 1923
The recovering congresswoman's emotional visit to the House floor Monday night warmed a cynical nation — and fueled speculation about her future
The Oregon congressman announces that he'll step down in the face of a damaging sex scandal. A look at the potential fallout
- The secrets of happy families
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Why Newt Gingrich is getting flak for defending Nelson Mandela
- Will John Kerry's foreign policy successes undercut Hillary Clinton?
- The emerging budget deal is a small victory for Republicans
- Cue scary music: Cockroaches that can survive New York winters reach the U.S.
Subscribe to the Week