opinion briefs on this topic
After grounding its shuttle program, the U.S. space agency flirts with building a distant space station to serve as a jumping-off point for future missions to Mars
NASA's massive new mobile space lab is set to touch down on the Red Planet next August — in a mission to find evidence of alien life
Do you have the right stuff? There's only one way to find out...
Did NASA officials go too far by setting up a sting operation for a 74-year-old widow trying to sell a tiny speck of lunar material?
A tech entrepreneur wants to use his vast fortune to set up his next enterprise — out in space
Just two months after NASA ends its aging shuttle program, the emerging Asian superpower celebrates a historic space mission
A powerful new "megarocket" will cost billions, and will take NASA, well... no one knows where
The 135th and final shuttle flight touched down in Florida just after dawn Thursday morning, concluding NASA's 30-year program
The last shuttle lifted off Friday, ending a 30-year program known as much for its tragedies as its successes
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Narendra Modi is not a shoo-in to become India's next prime minister
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 ways music can improve your life
Subscribe to the Week