opinion briefs on this topic
TIME's Jeffrey Kluger bids a not-so-fond farewell to Richard Nixon's half-baked plan for an expensive fleet of 'low-orbit space trucks'
After nearly two decades of distant exploration, the shuttle took off on its final mission on Monday. Here's a look back at its many other endeavors
Thousands of employees pose for a unique photo honoring the end of the space shuttle program
A powerful video collage reminds viewers of the wonders of cosmic exploration. Can the space agency learn from its message?
The first private spacecraft to successfully circle the planet has landed back on Earth. How significant is this feat?
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week