opinion briefs on this topic
TIME's Jeffrey Kluger bids a not-so-fond farewell to Richard Nixon's half-baked plan for an expensive fleet of 'low-orbit space trucks'
After nearly two decades of distant exploration, the shuttle took off on its final mission on Monday. Here's a look back at its many other endeavors
Thousands of employees pose for a unique photo honoring the end of the space shuttle program
A powerful video collage reminds viewers of the wonders of cosmic exploration. Can the space agency learn from its message?
The first private spacecraft to successfully circle the planet has landed back on Earth. How significant is this feat?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
Subscribe to the Week