TIME's Jeffrey Kluger bids a not-so-fond farewell to Richard Nixon's half-baked plan for an expensive fleet of 'low-orbit space trucks'
After nearly two decades of distant exploration, the shuttle took off on its final mission on Monday. Here's a look back at its many other endeavors
Thousands of employees pose for a unique photo honoring the end of the space shuttle program
A powerful video collage reminds viewers of the wonders of cosmic exploration. Can the space agency learn from its message?
The first private spacecraft to successfully circle the planet has landed back on Earth. How significant is this feat?
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week