TIME's Jeffrey Kluger bids a not-so-fond farewell to Richard Nixon's half-baked plan for an expensive fleet of 'low-orbit space trucks'
After nearly two decades of distant exploration, the shuttle took off on its final mission on Monday. Here's a look back at its many other endeavors
Thousands of employees pose for a unique photo honoring the end of the space shuttle program
A powerful video collage reminds viewers of the wonders of cosmic exploration. Can the space agency learn from its message?
The first private spacecraft to successfully circle the planet has landed back on Earth. How significant is this feat?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week