TIME's Jeffrey Kluger bids a not-so-fond farewell to Richard Nixon's half-baked plan for an expensive fleet of 'low-orbit space trucks'
After nearly two decades of distant exploration, the shuttle took off on its final mission on Monday. Here's a look back at its many other endeavors
Thousands of employees pose for a unique photo honoring the end of the space shuttle program
A powerful video collage reminds viewers of the wonders of cosmic exploration. Can the space agency learn from its message?
The first private spacecraft to successfully circle the planet has landed back on Earth. How significant is this feat?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The next pandemic
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week