opinion briefs on this topic
The American Academy of Pediatrics is now recommending that parents remove the bouncy — and hazardous — contraptions from their backyards
Many parents think that an early taste of wine or beer will make their children less likely to binge as teens. Think again, warn health experts
Over four eyebrow-raising seasons, the TLC reality show about tiny aspiring pageant queens has become the go-to source for heated debates about parenting
We may find out soon: Indiana prosecutors have charged a 40-year-old morphine abuser in the death of her teenage son, who overdosed on 56 pills
A professor's decision to nurse her baby while lecturing her students has re-ignited the "lactivism" debate. Were her actions understandable or unprofessional?
More and more, moms are turning to donors to make sure babies get enough breast milk. And if they can't find them at a milk bank, they're trying Facebook
A stage mother who put a 4-year-old in fake Dolly Parton boobs is charged with being an unfit parent
An Orthodox Jewish woman in Israel puts her faith to the ultimate test, keeping mum throughout the entire scream-inducing process
A former aide to Hillary Clinton sparks a passionate debate over an age-old question: Can women fulfill their professional ambitions and raise a happy family?
Five new Danish studies suggest that it probably isn't so bad if a mommy-to-be has a glass of wine or beer from time to time, though it could be risky
Texas parents sue their school district, claiming that officials told their third grader he was dirty, made him undress, and violently washed him
When you add up all the Goldfish and Razor scooters, not to mention the cost of child care, the price tag for bringing a new life into the world is eye-popping
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week