opinion briefs on this topic
No charges are expected against a rancher who says he instinctively killed a man who was allegedly trying to sexually assault the rancher's 4-year-old daughter
New York City is warning parents about a herpes-spreading, mouth-to-genitals circumcision ritual called metzitzah b'peh that has killed two babies
Never one to hide personal details, comic Sarah Silverman is being candid about how her depression factored into her decision to remain childless
A quarter of stay-at-homes moms say they struggle with malaise, compared to just 16 percent of working moms, according to a new Gallup survey
More and more Americans are trying to increase their chances of becoming grandparents by footing the bill for their daughters' experimental, and expensive, fertility treatments
The newsweekly's latest cover features a gangly 3-year-old boy latched onto his mother's breast, igniting debate over attachment parenting — and the image's propriety
Once parents were supposed to take care of their kids until they left home. Now Mom and Dad are subsidizing their offspring well into their adult years
Trying to help your young child have a fun, injury-free playground experience is a natural instinct. But it can backfire
It seems kids these days will huff or consume just about anything to get high. Here, a guide to the everyday products teens are misusing
A British mother faces a backlash from parents outraged that she's given her 7-year-old daughter $20,500 worth of vouchers for a future boob job and liposuction
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week