opinion briefs on this topic
Today in terrible ideas...
The popular social-messaging service is partnering with American Express to let you make purchases just by tweeting
Is anything more uniquely American than our free-wheeling, 140-character missives?
The guy behind @GowanusDolphin learned his lesson the hard way
The new app lets you share short clips with your friends — if you can find it
What we talk about when we talk about social media
The lesson: Tweet, but verify
Pope Benedict XVI's first message to his followers? Perfectly coherent if a bit old-school: "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter"
Now you can give your tweeted photos an old-timey look. That might not be a good thing
Instagram photos will no longer render inside a tweet, spurring howls of protest from many corners of the internet
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week