Today in terrible ideas...
The popular social-messaging service is partnering with American Express to let you make purchases just by tweeting
Is anything more uniquely American than our free-wheeling, 140-character missives?
The guy behind @GowanusDolphin learned his lesson the hard way
The new app lets you share short clips with your friends — if you can find it
What we talk about when we talk about social media
The lesson: Tweet, but verify
Pope Benedict XVI's first message to his followers? Perfectly coherent if a bit old-school: "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter"
Now you can give your tweeted photos an old-timey look. That might not be a good thing
Instagram photos will no longer render inside a tweet, spurring howls of protest from many corners of the internet
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
Subscribe to the Week