Today in terrible ideas...
The popular social-messaging service is partnering with American Express to let you make purchases just by tweeting
Is anything more uniquely American than our free-wheeling, 140-character missives?
The guy behind @GowanusDolphin learned his lesson the hard way
The new app lets you share short clips with your friends — if you can find it
What we talk about when we talk about social media
The lesson: Tweet, but verify
Pope Benedict XVI's first message to his followers? Perfectly coherent if a bit old-school: "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter"
Now you can give your tweeted photos an old-timey look. That might not be a good thing
Instagram photos will no longer render inside a tweet, spurring howls of protest from many corners of the internet
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week