The president took to Twitter with a simple message — "Four more years" — that went on to become the most retweeted ever
The media company blocks the tweets of a neo-Nazi account at the behest of local German authorities — raising questions about the potential scope of its control
Take heed, tweeters: Don't be surprised when the service suddenly switches over to more visually oriented profile pages that feature large "cover images"
The social messaging service unveils a plan to make more money from its 140 million monthly users — but don't expect tweeps to laud the new initiative
Tweet stream looking extra noisy? Entrepreneur Dalton Caldwell is building a new pay-service that elevates the quality of conversation
The social-messaging site and NBC try to silence a vocal opponent of the network's delayed Olympics coverage — and incite the internet's rage instead
A British man will plead with a court to argue that he should be allowed to legally end his life — but he's taking to Twitter first, using his eyes to send messages
Lawmakers, beware! A new journalistic outfit is cataloging your most regrettable 140-character dispatches
Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jennifer Egan is using one of the magazine's Twitter feeds to tweet a short story in 140-character bursts. Is this (sigh) the future of publishing?
Who is doing all the tweeting ... and how many people are really interested in what they have to say?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week