opinion briefs on this topic
The president took to Twitter with a simple message — "Four more years" — that went on to become the most retweeted ever
The media company blocks the tweets of a neo-Nazi account at the behest of local German authorities — raising questions about the potential scope of its control
Take heed, tweeters: Don't be surprised when the service suddenly switches over to more visually oriented profile pages that feature large "cover images"
The social messaging service unveils a plan to make more money from its 140 million monthly users — but don't expect tweeps to laud the new initiative
Tweet stream looking extra noisy? Entrepreneur Dalton Caldwell is building a new pay-service that elevates the quality of conversation
The social-messaging site and NBC try to silence a vocal opponent of the network's delayed Olympics coverage — and incite the internet's rage instead
A British man will plead with a court to argue that he should be allowed to legally end his life — but he's taking to Twitter first, using his eyes to send messages
Lawmakers, beware! A new journalistic outfit is cataloging your most regrettable 140-character dispatches
Pulitzer Prize-winning author Jennifer Egan is using one of the magazine's Twitter feeds to tweet a short story in 140-character bursts. Is this (sigh) the future of publishing?
Who is doing all the tweeting ... and how many people are really interested in what they have to say?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- The secrets of happy families
Subscribe to the Week