The crusading Harvard Law professor is one of Obama's three candidates to run the new U.S. consumer watchdog agency. But is the Senate demanding a blander pick?
The GOP senator says he'll provide the key vote to pass the Democrats' financial reform bill. The Tea Partiers who voted him into office aren't pleased
As Obama makes a final push for reforming banks, key members of the GOP are quieting their criticism of the plan. Why the shift?
The connection between campaign contributions and public policy is more subtle than most cynics acknowledge. But as the Senate considers reform of the financial system, the opportunities -- and motives -- for abuse are mounting.
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week