opinion briefs on this topic
A new report puts the blame for a rash of cyber-attacks on critical U.S. infrastructure at the feet of a shadowy unit of China's army
A new rule that requires internet users to give their real names to service providers, has many concerned about an even tighter crackdown on free speech
The North Korean dictator wins the satirical paper's dubious distinction... but not everyone was in on the joke
Beijing is initiating a once-in-a-decade transfer of power to a new generation of top officials. But will anything really change?
The animated film studio that created Shrek and Kung Fu Panda has big plans to make its mark in China, which has the world's second biggest cinema audience
The people of Hong Kong gave a raucous and not-so-friendly welcome to their new leader at his inauguration. Will the fervor spread to the mainland?
With the addition of AMC's 5,000 screens, Dalian Wanda Group is now the world's largest theater operator. But was this really a smart acquisition?
After a tense showdown between the U.S. and China, a blind activist waits to see whether Beijing will honor an agreement to let him study in the U.S.
American diplomats are reportedly hiding Chen Guangcheng, a blind activist who escaped house arrest — a move that some worry will harm U.S.-China ties
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week