opinion briefs on this topic
Need more evidence that China has its blinker on to pass us? Beijing and Shanghai now buy more Rolls-Royces than Beverly Hills and London
A Chinese construction company just built a super-sturdy, super-efficient hotel — and it did so super cheaply and super fast. Is this the future of skyscrapers?
President Obama renews America's focus on the Asia-Pacific region by promising to send hundreds of Marines Down Under. How will China react?
As dog ownership increases in China, many view the annual dog-eating festival as cruel and unusual
While America spends time and money on Iraq and Afghanistan, China is working to kick the U.S. out of Asia, says Aaron Friedberg in The New York Times
Beijing, which holds a fortune in U.S. Treasury bonds and dollars, demands that Washington get its finances straight. Should we be worried?
Apparently, a massive talent pool, huge interest in basketball, and an intense state-run athletics program aren't enough
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week